Wednesday, June 25, 2014

One step forward, one step back

Last weeks commitments all turned to crap when I came down with a lovely dose of Gastro!  Wednesday-Saturday was a bit of a write off, physically I was wiped out and every time I sat down I almost nodded off to sleep - so training didn't happen as I battled low energy and continuing stomach cramps for days.

When it came to food, all I wanted was plain, bland, safe food.  I resorted to toast as a quick and simple filler that I didn't have to put any thought into.  I bought myself some peppermint tea too, as I know from past experience with Koby that peppermint can do wonders for the digestion.

Now, for the last couple of years, I've been of the belief that I've become gluten intolerant, because any time I eat anything like bread or pasta, I bloat up like a balloon and suffer terrible wind!  I can get away with small amounts though.  But last week I drank 3 large cups of peppermint tea per day, and ate toast.  And there was no bloat, no wind... I am absolutely amazed at this and have tested this a few times since.  I've tried pasta, with peppermint tea chaser - no reaction.  I've had toasted sandwiches, no reaction.  I'm very excited about this and will continue to monitor it and see how it goes.

So anyway I did lose some weight last week, although not the best way to do it!

I have also stayed true to my commitment of not having any alcohol, which I'm quite proud of, since I really love a glass or two of wine!  I do feel better for it, although I've had a few moments where its crossed my mind, but once I've eaten dinner I'm over it and its not an issue.

I've started drinking hot lemon water in the morning.  I have no idea if it actually does what everyone claims it does, but its worth a shot, and its all part of my water quota for the day anyway.

Back to the physio tomorrow, hopefully my hips have improved some more!

No comments: